Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tasty Tuesday!

Hello! So I found this recipe on Budgetbytes and thought I'd try it out!
It's a one pot red pepper pasta, it looked delicious so I thought I'd share how I made it and tell you all if it tasted alright.



You'll need
2 Boxes of Chicken Stock
Roasted Red Peppers
4 Garlic cloves
Black Pepper
Fettuccine noodles
Dried Basil
15oz Canned Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
Optional
Red crushed pepper flakes
4oz Cream cheese
Thyme
2 Turkish Bay leaves


  • Step One. Cut up some Roasted red peppers, onions, garlic. I forgot to document the removal and cutting of the roasted red peppers. All you do is take a fork fish them out of the jar, then cut them into strips or what ever you like!



  • Step Two. You take and add all the ingredients and combine them! So what I did was pour a little chicken stock down with 1 Tbsp of butter and cook the red pepper flakes, onion, garlic, and some thyme. I only cooked them for about 1-2 mins. Then I poured the chicken stock, roasted tomatoes, roasted peppers, fettuccine noodles (Break them in half!), and dried basil onto the garlic and onions that were already cooking. I also added two Turkish bay leafs for extra flavor.

  • Step Three. Turn it to high with a lid on until it starts to boil. I checked on mine every couple of mins to make sure the noodles were not sticking to the bottom. Once it's to a boil you want to lower the heat and let it simmer till the noodles are done!


  • Step Four. Now if you use the optional items like I did, then you'll need to take a cup aside with some of the juice. You're going to cut the amount of cream cheese you'd like to use I did 4oz as the recipe said, and put it in the cup with the juice and used a fork to break up the cream cheese and stir it around till it was incorporated! Then just pour the juice back into the pot and stir. Again, I forgot to get a picture of mixing the cream cheese in. But I did get a picture of it when it's done! (。┰ω┰。)

  • Step Five. Enjoy! Plop it into a bowl grate some Parmesan on top and BAM you've got dinner!
My Thoughts.
This is AMAZING!!! It's fast, simple and full of flavor. Anyone can make this recipe! It tastes better than any sit down restaurant. I definitely recommend a lil freshly grated Parmesan as I did, but even without it's insanely good. I recommend you try this recipe if you ever get a chance!

Garlic Bread!
Italian Style Altamura Bread
Garlic
Butter
Parsley(Fresh)
Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C


So this wasn't a part of the recipe, but I thought I'd share a quick and easy way to make garlic bread with y'all!



  • Step One. Preheat your oven to around 375°F or 190°C. Take your garlic, parsley and chop them very finely.

  • Step Two. Take one stick of butter and pop it in a bowl and microwave it till its a lil soft, we did around 20 seconds. (Only do this part if it was cold from the fridge, You can also sit it out for a bit while you prepare everything else.)

  • Step Three. My lovely sous chef mixed the garlic and parsley into the now pliable butter.

  • Step Four. Cut your bread! You can see my lovely sous chef cutting it just far enough to get the mixture in between each piece. DON"T cut all the way through!!

  • Step Five. Once you've buttered the bread pop it in the oven! You want to have it cooking for about 10-15 mins. Make sure you don't leave it unattended, you want to make sure its cooked to your liking!

  • Step Six.  Enjoy! Pull the bread apart or you can further cut where you left a bit on the bottom and serve!


That's it for now! Have a wonderful week and as always, Positive vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment